RÜFÜS DU SOL releases an official remix to “On My Knees,” produced by longtime collaborator and Rose Ave label-mate Cassian. With a remix of grandeur style and expression, Cassian joins the heralded list of industry titans who have remixed previous singles off the Surrender album, including Innellea, Vintage Culture, Adana Twins, Solomun, and Anyma.
Cassian holds true to the original vocal performance of RÜFÜS DU SOL, while adding a flavor of melodic techno to the vibrant atmosphere. The rolling percussive-like bass line bubbles underneath the enticing vocalizations and ever-resonating synth stabs from the original. Closing in at almost 6 minutes, the remix is an expansive rendition of the already illustrious “On My Knees,” demonstrating the shared musical history of both RÜFÜS DU SOL and Cassian, expressed through the latters production prowess. A perfect synergy between both acts and a remix that fans will certainly fall in love with.
Regarding the remix Cassian says:
“I heard the first demo of ‘On My Knees’ towards the end of 2020. It had a wildness & darkness that I loved immediately. It wasn’t until about a year later that I’d finished mixing it along with the rest of Surrender. Once the album was finished I knew I wanted to remix ‘On My Knees’ and started playing around with the stems with the intention of having a remix ready to play at Sundream in March. Fast forward to the end of February and I hadn’t worked on the remix at all. Amongst the madness of preparing for my DJ & live sets I somehow managed to put the remix together. One comment I’d gotten from a few friends about the mix on the original was how much they loved the low end. For the remix I really just wanted to take the subs to the next level & arrange it in a way that would work in a DJ set while keeping as many elements from the original as possible. Playing it for the first time at Sundream was a surreal moment and the reaction from the crowd cemented the direction I had taken with the remix. I purely made it to be something special & unique to play during my DJ sets so for it to be getting an official release feels amazing.”
The “On My Knees” remix arrives while both acts are engaged in extensive tours. Cassian accompanies fellow Australian producer Hayden James across the United States, while RÜFÜS DU SOL continue their Surrender tour throughout Brazil and Argentina. Thus far, the live electronic trio have sold over 180,000 tickets in North America, including shows at The Gorge, WA; Red Rocks Amphitheatre, CO; Forest Hills Stadium, NY and many more throughout 2022. With such a high demand tour, additional dates were necessary additions: a third night at Forest Hills Stadium, NY; and iconic stops at the Hollywood Bowl, Santa Barbara Bowl, and FPL Solar Amphitheater. Following the US tour dates, RÜFÜS DU SOL will make a return home to New Zealand and Australia for eight days of performance, beginning in November of 2022.
“On My Knees” Remix by Cassian was released on Friday, May 20, 2022.
Surrender Tour Tickets Available at: https://www.rufusdusol.com/
Complete ‘Surrender’ Tour Dates
- Wed Jun 01 – Chicago, IL – Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
- Thu Jun 02 – Detroit, MI – Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill
- Fri Jun 03 – Toronto, ON – Woodbine Park
- Sat Jun 04 – Montréal, QC – Parc Jean-Drapeau
- Tue Jun 07 – Philadelphia, PA – Skyline Stage at the Mann
- Wed Jun 08 – Washington, DC – DC Armory
- Fri Jun 10 – Forest Hills, NY – Forest Hills Stadium
- Sat Jun 11 – Forest Hills, NY – Forest Hills Stadium
- Thu Sep 22 – Del Valle, TX – Germania Insurance Amphitheater
- Tue Sep 27 – Minneapolis, MN – The Armory
- Fri Sep 30 – Nampa, ID – Ford Idaho Center Amphitheater
- Sat, Oct 01 – George, WA – The Gorge Amphitheatre
- Sun Oct 02 – Bend, OR – Hayden Homes Amphitheater
- Wed Oct 05 – Chula Vista, CA – North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre
- Fri Oct 07 – Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre
- Sat Oct 08 – Santa Barbara, CA – Santa Barbara Bowl
- Sun Oct 09 – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Bowl
- Thu Oct 13 – West Valley City, UT – Maverik Center
- Sat Oct 15 – Morrison, CO – Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Sun Oct 16 – Morrison, CO – Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Tue Oct 18 – Maryland Heights, MO – Saint Louis Music Park
- Thu Oct 20 – Nashville, TN – Ascend Amphitheater
- Fri Oct 21 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
- Sat Oct 22 – Orlando, FL – Orlando Amphitheater
- Sun Oct 23 – Miami, FL – FPL Solar Amphitheater at Bayfront Park
More About Cassian
Based in Los Angeles, Cassian has spent the past 10 years cementing his name as one of the most versatile acts to emerge from Sydney’s electronic scene. RÜFÜS DU SOL and Cassian’s relationship stems back to the early days of both their careers; Cassian, a talented mix engineer, has mixed three of their critically acclaimed albums: Bloom, Solace, and Surrender. In doing so, he earned multiple ARIA awards and Grammy nominations, and joined the band in winning the Grammy for Best Electronic/Dance Recording this year for single “Alive.“
Through this, Cassian has also earned notoriety within the dance music industry for his ability to transcend genres and create enviable soundscapes. His 2020 debut LAPS LP and subsequent REACTIVATE EP were both released on Rose Ave Records, and he has since joined forces with countless tastemakers like Bronson, Meduza, Lastlings, Vintage Culture, Sonny Fodera, Yotto and more.
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Spotify | YouTube
Follow RÜFÜS DU SOL
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Spotify | SoundCloud