fbpx
Home News CASE DROPPED: Diplo Sexual Assault Allegations Cause Concert Cancellation

CASE DROPPED: Diplo Sexual Assault Allegations Cause Concert Cancellation

by Esme Pham
0 comment

Sexual Assault Allegations Against Diplo Dropped.

7/19/2021 UPDATE: TMZ Reports, the accuser, who remains unnamed, now says she regreats filing the suit and has opted to withdraw her claim.  “No payment was offered or requested,” she said. “I regret filing the lawsuit.” See full TMZ report here.

 

Yet another one of EDM’s biggest DJs is being accused of sexual assault. Diplo, a dance music celebrity, is being sued by an unnamed woman for forcing her into performing oral sex and recording the act.

According to TMZ, the woman and her friends were invited to Diplo’s after-party in 2019 after he performed at the Wynn hotel in Vegas. She and her friends were already intoxicated and continued to drink and smoke weed that Diplo had offered. Later, Diplo invited the woman to his room and his bodyguards kicked out her friends and everyone else that was in the room. She also claims that a bodyguard punches her male friend in the face after he refused to leave.

The woman claims that after everyone left, Diplo tells her that she is not allowed to leave until she performs oral sex on him. She then comes to the conclusion that there is no way out of the situation unless she obliges. According to TMZ, the woman also claims that Diplo filmed the act without her consent and was unfit to consent to the whole situation.

Shelly Auguste | Diplo

Diplo’s attorney, Bryan Freedman, states that the accusation is “completely outrageous, wildly untrue, and yet also entirely predictable, given that it simply repeats the exact same claim already made by the plaintiff’s friend Shelly Auguste, an individual who has been harassing [Diplo] and his family for more than a year and already has repeatedly violated the restraining order issued against her”. Shelly Auguste, Diplo’s ex, also sued Diplo last month for sexual battery and filming the act without her consent.

Though Freedman denies any of the claims, fans are not happy after the Baltimore Orioles cancel his performance at Camden Yards. The performance was scheduled to take place on July 24th after the team’s match against the Washington Nationals. However, they cancelled the performance after the allegations came to light. The Baltimore Orioles made a statement on Twitter announcing the cancellation. All attendees who bought tickets to see Diplo after the game are expected to receive refunds.

<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”><p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>Statement on the July 24 Diplo Postgame Concert: <a href=”https://t.co/JMoFsKaT5e”>pic.twitter.com/JMoFsKaT5e</a></p>&mdash; Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href=”https://twitter.com/Orioles/status/1413573916040249349?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>July 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&#8221; charset=”utf-8″></script>

You may also like

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: